This is not a photo of me. It's Granddaughter. But I can tell that she feels exactly the same as I do about this heat wave that we've been experiencing for... oh... a couple of weeks now. Maybe not quite as long. Ten days? Anyway, IT'S FAR TOO HOT AND WE DON'T LIKE IT.
I've been vaguely trying to find out how hot it's been today but can only find out what the temperature is now (8 pm), which is 25C or 77F, so it must have been considerably hotter earlier. I really dislike heat. You can't really do anything outside (well, I can't, being a fair-skinned person who DOESN'T LIKE BEING STICKY). Even the poor old cats have to lie under the hedge in the shade. I can't understand why anyone would want to live anywhere hot. You can't go for a walk. Mind you, I couldn't anyway with my poor (probably) broken toe.
Yes. I am indeed grumpy.
According to one website, the highest temperature ever recorded in Edinburgh was 31.4°C (88.5°F) on 4 August 1975 and 2 August 1990. Really? Can't say I remember either of these and I'd have thought I would. August 1990 might have been the time we were holidaying in London and the temperature got to 99F - 37.2222C. I certainly remember that. Poor Daughter 2 is sweltering in London at the moment.
Well, out I go to the garden. This time I must really sweep up the paving, which is a bit leafy/dusty. I've been putting this off because - have I mentioned this? - it's not been the weather for physical activity. And then I must spend ages watering - not something we usually have to do. Rain, that's what we need. And expect. (And, sometimes, complain about.)
Ok, rant over. I shall go and count some blessings and later on make Toffee Truffle Bombes for tomorrow, when we're having friends to dinner.
0 Yorumlar