Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Mussels, Mummers, and Mainlanders


Mussel


Hey me ducky, me and the missus were out mummering last night, and on the way home we stopped to the pub, I tell you the place was maggoty with mainlanders! We had such the time we're going again tonight, you want to come?

-----
Maggoty - in large numbers.

Mainlander - one who lives in continental North America or its adjacent islands outside Newfoundland and Labrador.

Make away with - to kill.

Me ducky - a friendly way to address someone.

Missus - wife.

Mudder - mother.

Mummer - a disguised person who goes door to door during the 12 days of Christmas to have fun and merriment. (also called janney)

-----
I'm happy to report that the semester is over, and that I finished it off with an 81 average! WAHOO!! I'm not done yet, still have one hurdle to jump before they let me graduate, a seven stage comprehensive (Tuesday afternoon) that requires a minimum mark of 70. I'm blocking off a few hours today to blog hop, then back to it.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar