Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

432. Peppa Pig - My First Cinema Experience; movie review

PEPPA PIG - MY FIRST CINEMA EXPERIENCE
Cert U
71 mins
BBFC advice: No material likely to harm or offend


The line has to be drawn somewhere and I am afraid I could not face the humiliation of watching Peppa Pig in a cinema on my own.
There was a brief point at which a mate was going to loan me his child for a couple of hours but even the little lad decided, at seven years old, he was far too mature for the cartoon porker.
Therefore, I copped out, waited for Mark Baker's My First Cinema Experience to be released on itunes and shelled out £9.99 for a series of nine five-minute animations, glued together by a young woman prancing around with a couple of puppet pigs.
The lass, who called herself Daisy but is actually Emma Grace Arends, sang with gusto the songs which even I remember as a kid.
During each of the cartoons there is a repeated moral message, combined with some rudimentary but well-disguised learning for the little ones.
For example, “Peppa loves the police. Everybody loves the police.”
Who could possibly argue?
Peppa's friends are also taught that the Queen is head of state and lives in London and that, in Australia, they play cricket and have unusual animals such as koala bears and duckbill platypuses.
And I couldn’t resist a giggle at Peppa’s school class visiting the zoo, bearing in mind all her friends are animals.
Indeed, I am sure the that the leer of head keeper, Mr Lion, over Peppa’s teacher, Madame Gazelle, is especially for parents.
All in all, it may seem like a self-inflicted to watch Peppa Pig but it took me back to the childhood of my son and daughter and even my own (yes, the songs go back in time).
It features the voicework of Harley Bird and the likes of Morwenna Banks, Jo Brand and David Mitchell who all give it gusto.
I have spent much less rewarding time watching films this year.

Reasons to watch: a reminder of childhood
Reasons to avoid: well, it is meant to be for the under-5s

Laughs: three
Jumps: none
Vomit: none
Nudity: none
Overall rating: 6/10
Star tweet
The kids enjoyed Peppa Pig: My First Cinema Experience, although it does encourage code of conduct violations

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar