On Friday, I delivered my Christmas greetings and a small gift to the other teachers in my department. I always like to do a little something for the nice people I work with, and this year, I gave mugs with a hot chocolate and mug-cake mix packet. All of my colleagues were pleased. I think it's a nice way to say thanks and build a good report with colleagues. I am grateful to work with nice people!
Friday afternoon was my return visit to the dentist to have a small filing. Apparently, part of an old filing fell out. For years, I never stressed about going to the dentist, but this visit was really causing me some anxiety. Turns out that everything went very smoothly. I was literally in the dentist's chair for less than 15 minutes. Wow - so quick and easy. I am grateful for a good dentist who works quickly and without pain.
Friday evening's dinner was Papa Murphy's Pizza, which we all enjoy. The dentist told me I could chew normally as soon as I left his office, and Charly had been mentioning getting a pizza so we did. I am always grateful for quick, easy and yummy dinners on a busy afternoon.
Saturday afternoon, I went to this performance with some friends.
It was an awesome play with lots of good Christmas music that reflected the true meaning of the season.
I was joined at The Forgotten Carols with several sweet ladies from one of the two book clubs I am in and a teacher friend from my school.
It was a very nice way to spend the Saturday afternoon before Christmas. I am grateful for the wonderful message of this play and the friends who went with me to see it.
While I was at the play, Charly was home working in our basement family room to assemble our new electric fireplace - our main Christmas present to ourselves. It is a big piece of furniture and there are many pieces to put together, so it is a big job, but Charly has always been good as assembling things. I am so grate for my husband, his health and his ability to put things together, and I am grateful for the the many, many things he does and has always done for our family. He is truly my greatest blessing!
Saturday evening I also got some gifts wrapped and under the tree. There are a few more to do, but I got most of the wrapping and gift bagging finished. I am grateful that we have the financial means to remember each other lovingly with gifts at Christmas.
Sunday morning, I received this Christmas gift Barnes & Noble eGift Card from my sister Kathy who lives in New York. I am grateful for this gift, which I will enjoy. I am also grateful for my sisters. I did not grow up with my sisters, but I am grateful they are in my life now. My sisters and I (one older, one younger) try to stay in touch although we live far apart - older sister is in New York, younger sister is in Colorado and I am here in Utah.
Church on Sunday morning was a special and wonderful Christmas program dedicated to Jesus Christ and His birth - which is, after all, the reason for and true meaning of Christmas. There was such a good spirit of love and peace in the meeting, which was mostly beautiful Christmas music inspired by God's greatest gift to the world - that gift that gave us all light! I am grateful for my faith, Jesus Christ and His Gospel and the church I belong to, where I find both.
Sunday night, we went to downtown Salt Lake City to see the Christmas lights at Temple Square. There were a lot of people downtown to see the lights as well, so we had to park several blocks away and walk a bit. As we were walking, we saw this house that had one of the Leg Lamps from the classic Christmas Movie, A Christmas Story. I just had to get a picture.
The lights at Temple Square were beautiful.
There were lots of people there on Temple Square to see the lights.
It wasn't a very cold night.
Except for the crowds, it was the perfect night to go to Temple Square.
We enjoyed seeing the lights...
...focusing on the true meaning of Christmas through the awesome nativity and lovely Christmas music and messages we heard...
...and being together. It was a good evening.
Have a wonderful week and the Merriest of Christmases - remembering that the best and only gift we need at Christmas, or anytime, is Jesus Christ!





















0 Yorumlar