Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Five on Friday

It has been another busy week, second last of term. Most of the school events are now over and I am grateful for that. Today I am once more linking up with Amy at Love Made My Home, where you can find Five on Friday. Quite possibly this post is going to bore you beyond belief. But life is like that sometimes and I want to record it all, be it exciting, dull, frustrating or fun.

:: This week I made cordial with the last of our redcurrants in the freezer. I diluted some still hot to have a taste. It was wonderfully fresh and tasty. I am glad I did because the cordial set in the bottle and is now jelly. Honestly, if I wanted to make jelly, it would be much more trouble. It is the most beautiful jelly, just enough wobble to hold together but not rubbery. It'll be difficult to get it out of the bottles.... I had some on a crisp bread for supper. Lovely. 


:: Thursday night was Annie's P7 presentation night. It is the day when they get their P7 project back and the HT tells the audience a little about the children's memories of the school. It was excruciatingly boring with a few highlights. The children didn't actually get to say anything, the DHT read out what they had previously written down. There was a relatively small variety of bests and favourites and what would be missed. Interestingly, most children loved maths. There were a couple of boys with a sense of humour. One answered how much he had enjoyed the Happy Monday Assemblies, later that he was going to miss them and later still, they were going to be one of his best memories. The DHT's puzzled face was funny. These Happy Monday Assemblies are infamous in the upper school for being excessively tedious. Another boy had the giggles, which in turn made me giggle. I hope I didn't make the giggles worse for him. I was sitting next to his mum and he would have spotted me going redder and redder. For one boy, clearly someone else had filled in a gap in the questionnaire. His surprised face was funny when the DHT read out that most of all he'll miss one particular girl. I admired his maturity for taking this so well.

:: There were two sports days at primary school this week, upper school and infants. I wasn't allowed to go to the upper school one because I am an embarrassment to Annie. I don't think I am that bad. She still cringes when I mention my little victory dance last year. I was just happy because I was proud of her. I had told the little ones I wasn't going to be able to come and watch them race because work was busy. I felt guilty and made time. Unfortunately I was late for the infant flat races and I missed seeing James win the potato and spoon race. There were no other races because the rest of them were cancelled due to incessant smirr, causing the pitch to be slippery.


:: James was pupil of the week for 'always being a good friend and always being mannerly and polite'. He has good social skills my wee man and I am very proud of him. This achievement pleased me even more than the good school report he brought home. School is a struggle for James and I really appreciate that his teacher celebrates with James his strengths.  Look at his cheeky happy face! It is just a shame that he is not always polite and mannerly at home :-)

:: And finally, I m looking forward to a night out with the PTA this Saturday. We have worked hard this year and an evening of laughter, drinks and chat is perfect to celebrate an excellent fundraising year. We organised countless fundraisers, contributing with over £9000 to school resources, including some that no PTA should have to fund. I am planning to be skipping all the way home.

I am hoping to recover from the night out all Sunday and maybe dedicate some time to knitting or sewing, or maybe both. I am also hoping to go for a jog with Jack. I took Jack jogging last weekend and it was fun. I hadn't been running since March because plantar fasciitis is giving me grief. We are a good team, Jack and I are. He likes to stop and sniff, I like to stop and catch my breath. I will of course also spend some time entertaining the children, or at least facilitate entertainment.

How was your week and what are your plans for the weekend? Do tell, I would love to know. Whatever the weekend may bring, I hope you'll enjoy it. 





Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar