Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

First week of August favorites

Another month has come and gone and my summer vacation is now over.  Charly and I went back to school Thursday to get ready for our students to come back next week.  Summer break always goes too quickly, but it is good to have a job to return to, and I'm not sure I would want to be doing anything other than what I am doing every day. Without further delay, let's get to some of my favorite parts of last week...


  • Letters and pictures from Mexico!

We got three letters from Joshua last Saturday.  One was mailed in early July, two were mailed in June and one was a special Father's Day letter to his dad - wishes for a Happy Father's  Day a bit late, but still appreciated.  It was so great to find these letters in our mail box!

Today, when I went to the mail box, there was another letter from Mexico, and this one included the SD card from Josh's camera that he told me he was sending home (and that we prayed hard would make it here with all the pictures still on it).  Our prayers were answered and there were some great pictures, which were taken a few months ago, but we will take whatever he sends. He also sent a two-minute video and it was so great to hear his voice.  Here are some of the pictures he sent home. I love how happy Josh looks in every picture.  He said he loves the beautiful mountains in the city where he is serving.

Elder Jones and his companion, Elder Maza

Another picture of Elder Jones and Elder Maza.

Elder Jones and some other missionaries at a baptism. He was very excited because he had taught this couple for quite a while, and they finally got baptized!

 The temple in the city where Josh is serving.

 Another temple picture - one of Josh's favorite places.

 The nearby mountains are often shrouded in low clouds.

The temple grounds.

Josh is doing very well and sends his love and appreciates to everyone (especially my wonderful blogging friends) who have been kind enough to write and send cards to him. Thank you all!

  • Skyping with the grand kids!

It was our youngest grand daughter's 1st birthday last week, so we sang her happy birthday via skype. We also got see her sister hula-hoop...

...meet her brother's blow-up dinosaur...

...and see her oldest brother's Lego robot creation.  It was a fun skype call and we enjoyed seeing what is going on in our grandchildren's lives.  Our grand kids are a true joy to us.
  • Rain!

 A cloudy and overcast morning...

 ...developed into a significant amount of rainfall in the afternoon and evening.

Rain and cooler temperatures are always a welcome change during the hot Arizona summer.

  • Ice cream!

Sometimes you just need ice cream so Charly and I decided on a "Blizzard Date."  We don't do it often, but a little sweetness every now and then goes a long ways!

  • Good Book!


I am really enjoying this "positive mental attitude" book recommended by my physical therapist. Yes, it started out a little hokey, but so much of what it say really "speaks" to me in that place I am right now in life.  I need a more positive attitude about some things going on right now, and this book is giving me a lot of good ideas to get and keep my attitude on a positive track.  I may be looking for some more books by this author - that's how much I like this book.  I'm almost finished and I am planning a review sometime next week.

  • Back to school!


Finally, I will end where I began. Summer vacation is over (or close to it) almost everywhere here in Arizona.  The school district I live in actually started a week earlier than the one in which I teach. The other morning, as I was enjoying my morning walk, I noticed some school buses taking excited/apprehensive students to their first day of the new school year.  When the school buses come out in the early morning, summer vacation is at an end!

While having some down time is always good, I am grateful that I have the opportunity to work with young people every day and try to help them move in the direction of a bright and confident future, so here's to new beginnings and a great new school year!

  • Thought for the week (a good one for a school teacher on the first week of a new school year).


Joining again today with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for :














Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar