Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

D is for Devils Tower

Welcome to the 2015 A to Z Blogging Challenge! Each day for the month of April I will be posting alphabetically from A to Z and my theme is Wyoming.



The first time I saw Devils Tower was on the movie "Close Encounter of the Third Kind." Many years later, Hubby and I decided to make the four-hour drive to Devils Tower for a long weekend. My first sight of the monument from the highway was mesmerizing. I thought about the people over the centuries who had seen this tower and how it is still standing, making its mark in history. As we neared the tower, my excitement grew. Hubby and I hiked around the base of the mountain, which looked so much more massive up close. Eagles circled the peak, watching over their young nested in the crevices. Of all the sites I've seen in Wyoming, Devils Tower is the most captivating. Now I know why Richard Dreyfuss was obsessed with Devils Tower to the point of recreating it in his mashed potatoes.

Has a movie ever inspired you to do something?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar