Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Crafty Endeavors

Hi there, come on in for a visit.  Make yourself at home... want a cuppa tea?  Have you made anything for gifts this holiday?  It's funny, as I went into Craft Warehouse to get little baskets to make ornaments - little yarn baskets with tiny balls of yarn and tiny knitting needles.  But they had no tiny baskets.  SO.. I had to turn on a dime and figure something else out to make.. there was a display of these little jars so I gathered the materials to make little snow scenes.  Enter the glue gun.. the most magical tool invented by man or woman.. 


I even bought a bag of snow.  :-)  I found out quickly that you couldn't just put the items in the jar, add snow and I'd be done.  Everything fell over.  So, I had to glue the stuff to the bigger tree, then glue the tree down THEN add the snow.  


Then to embellish the outside.. a big velvet poinsettia on top and jingle bells around the outside.


The little guys helped me a lot.  Hayden handed me the bells in the right order so I could glue them on.  


I love how the dining room is lit up in the evening.


The other day at Craft Warehouse I spied this Putz house that is battery operated for a reasonable price.. I had no idea that the light changed colors!  


Our very best snow scene is the one below and Hayden negotiated with me for it to be HIS.  :-)  When I took this photo just a few minutes ago, I didn't notice that the boys had been "decorating" the house.. there is a Santa on the chimney and a bow on the top of the gable.  LOL!!


When I went to CW yesterday to buy a few more bottle brush trees, there was not one package to be found.  No more big poinsettias, either.  Just littler ones.  


I have to make one more jar.. 



An explanation about all the gifts.. these are not only ours.. but our son's family's gifts.  :-)


Well, I am heading off for an adventure.  I am meeting my sisters and Shirley downtown to go to a movie and then we're going to dinner at the Brasserie Montmarte.  A 100 year old French restaurant on the Park Blocks.  Yes, I'll be packing my camera.  :-)  

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
*M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ 

((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar