Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Books, Trim and Kitchen

This was kind of a weird weekend for me.  I was off on Friday so I spent part of it working on the bookshop.  I wanted to get any trim and structural work done because we had people coming to the house on Saturday and I knew pretty much all I'd be able to do was make books.

I'd gotten some paper/cardboard trim from Miniatures.com to embellish the trim on the first floor of the bookshop.  I got it painted out the way I had the wooden trim and finished and glued it up.





I also measured out and glued in the baseboards after I did another test of how the bookshelves would fit.  Now that the baseboards are in the bookshelves are fixed in place.





I also got the trim up around the second floor windows.


Saturday I cleaned a bit.  Not because I wanted to but it was sort of necessary.  And then I made books.  My husband printed up a bunch of book covers for me so I modge podged them and got to work.


Lots and lots of books... I started with these.


I took the ones that don't have covers out.  And then I took out the ones that looked very fake.  I can put some of the covers I have on those and make them look more like real books.

This is what I ended up with.


A little more realistic.

Sunday I worked on the Loft kitchen again.  This took most of the day.

I needed a front for the cabinets and the cabinet doors.  So I did that.  And I made some cabinet uppers.  I want to do open shelving between the fridge and pantry.




I also made myself some double oven doors.


I'd ordered a stove top which came on Friday and it's perfect.


I really love it.  It'll be perfect.

I still don't have any clue about what color I want the cabinets to be.  But I made sure I cut all the cabinet doors with the wood grain going the same way in case I ended up using a stain.





I need to make a fan for over the oven to fit between the uppers and the double oven cabinet.

So far I think it looks pretty good.  For color... I'm thinking maybe something slightly darker than the walls?  Or maybe go with a medium brown.  I'm planning on using the same countertop as I did in NOLA House since it's earth tones and it would go nicely with the walls.

The other option is using the dark blue from the feature wall on the cabinets with natural wood open shelves and some pale uppers?

Argghhh!  I'm still not sure.

Any opinions?  Here's a picture of the feature wall to give you an idea



I like the idea of adding color because I've seen some really funky mid-century kitchens lately but I'm trying to do a slightly modern take on it.

I'm still debating.  Not sure.

How are the rest of you doing?

















Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar