Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Bibliophile



Greetings fellow Bibliophiles.

I love books and I make no excuse for my paper back filled heaving shelves and my need to have my kindle in my special compartment of my handbag.  And yes, I did choose my bag just for that space.

I read before I go to work, whilst walking to work, at lunch time, on the way home and before I go to bed.  Lets not forget that I also read what feels like a billion peoples blogs.  If I was a robot, my name would be Johnny 5, need input.

I have commented on various blogs and to the people I work with that I think and feel to my very core that being able to read, is one of the single most exquisite gifts a parent can bestow a child.  If you can read, you can learn another language, teach yourself maths, how to sew, how to cook... The possibilities are endless. 

When I read magazines or see house programmes on TV I tilt my head to read the titles to see if they have books that I have read.  This will tell me if they are "my people".  On blogs it can be hard to know if people read the same books as you, as I have found on a lot of the decorating blogs they seem to buy them for the colour of the spine of for coffee table books.

After reading some blogs I came across this site.  Have you used it?  I think it is a mixture of the way Amazon give you 'your recommendations' and a magic 8 ball.  Have a go see what it tells you.  I popped on Twilight, to see what it said and it came up with The Hunger Games.

I have actually just finished The Salem Witch Society, by K N Shields.  I really quite liked it.  It gets shocking reviews.  Maybe people pick it up as they think it will be like Twilight or Dead Witch Walking, I don't know.  It is more like Sherlock Holmes, the new addition with Robert Downey Junior and Jude Law (phwoar)

I am now reading Umbrella, By Will Self.

Do you believe reading is important?  What's your favourite word?  Your comments please...

I love how this is worded.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar